EdTech, FinTech, HealthTech – How do Female Talents Fit?
9th Feb 2018 (9:30am – 1:30pm)
Our Goal: To keep you up-to-date of what is trending with Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Blockchain Technology. This is NOT only for the ‘Tech-people’ but for female talents who are curious about what job opportunities there might be in firms within these three areas.
Through 6 Mini-Learning Sessions + 1 Career-Advisory Panel Discussion, you get to:
- have an educational-update on the current knowledge required in the Finance Industry (FinTech), Education Industry (EdTech) and Health Industry (HealthTech)
- have an insight into the corporate cultures (and work environments) of such firms
- discover what skill sets (and basic knowledge) that are found in such firms
- understand the hiring preferences of such firms.
This event is great for:
– Women who want to explore NEW careers in these industries
– Women who are keen to keep abreast about what is the latest trends changing the Economy
– Women who are returning to the workforce
9:30am FINTECH 1: FINTECH – AN ENABLER OR A DISRUPTOR?
* What is Fintech and why is it here to stay?
* Blockchain applications in banking and finance
* The Fintech landscape – Global, ASEAN and Singapore
10:00am FINTECH 2: THE FUTURE OF MOBILE PAYMENTS
* An example of Blockchain in FS: Mobile Payment Solutions
* The future of mobile payments
* Upcoming trends & innovation in the e-payment world
10:30am HEALTHTECH: MOVING TOWARDS PERSONALISED & PREVENTIVE HEALTHCARE
* How does Healthtech overlap with insurance?
* What are the new market opportunities?
* What are the top 3 categories of HealthTech & the maturity level of each category?
* What are the key challenges of Healthtech in SG?
11:00am TEA BREAK
11:20am EDTECH 1: THE NEW MODES OF LEARNING – NANO LEARNING
* How can technology change the way we learn or teach today?
* What is nano-learning and what are the benefits?
* Uses for nano-learning (childhood development? professional training?)
11:50am EDTECH 2: EDTECH FOR HIGHER EDUCATION
* What are the key trends in EdTech for higher education today?
* Case studies of AI in EdTech
* How has higher education been digitalized? (eg. college matching algorithms, MOOC)
12:20pm TECH TALK: INTRODUCING CLOUD COMPUTING, BLOCKCHAIN & AI TECHNOLOGY
* Understanding Cloud Computing, Block-chain & Artificial Intelligence
* How are these technologies becoming the mainstream for most companies?
* When doing such roles, what skill sets are required to develop a career?
12:50pm – 1:20pm CAREER PANEL DISCUSSION
* Current job opportunities (Tech & Non-Tech)
* How have traditional roles in each sector evolved due to digitalisation?
* Are there specific skill sets required for each sector? Are there transferable skills that are valuable?
* How can a female talent prepare to transit into the industry?
* Start-up vs Corporations: Work culture fit?